Thanks to you, Joan Meschino is the newly-elected State Representative for the Third Plymouth District (Hingham, Hull, Cohasset and N. Scituate).
• To check your registration status, please click here.
• To find your polling place, please click here.
For information on early voting, please click here.
You'll need a Mass. driver’s license or a state-issued ID, and have your signature on file with the Registry of Motor Vehicles. You must be at least 18 years old and a Massachusetts resident.
Starting August 1, 2016, you may pre-register to vote at age 16. Once you turn 18, you will automatically be registered to vote.
In order to register to vote (or pre-register), go to https://www.sec.state.ma.us/ovr.
The deadline for voter registration before the November 8th general election is October 19, 2016.
• According to the Secretary of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, you may vote absentee if you:
“will be absent from your city or town on election day, and/or have a physical disability that prevents your voting at the polling place, and/or cannot vote at the polls due to religious beliefs.”
• You can obtain an absentee ballot application from your local Town Clerk, or you may download it at https://www.sec.state.ma.us/ele/elepdf/absentee_ballot.pdf.
You must submit the application to your Town Clerk or election commission, or a family member may submit the application for you.
• The ballot will be sent to the address of your choice. When you receive it, just mark your choices and mail the ballot back to your Town Hall.
A completed ballot must be received by the time polls close on election day -- Thursday, September 8 for the State Primary and Tuesday, November 8 for the general election.
• To request an absentee ballot for a family member, click here.